January 31, 2023:
The Council has authorized a blanket 15 day plow up extension for all areas for zones B, C, D and E.
Pursuant to A.R.S § 3-1086 the Arizona Cotton
Research and Protection Council may grant extensions of the tillage deadline for individual
cotton producers when a qualifying weather event has delayed or prevented compliance as outlined
in A.A.C. R3-9-303.
A weather event is qualifying when there has been “substantial interference with
post-harvest activities to detach the cotton root from the soil caused by significant rain
or moisture or by sustained winds within an established PM10 non-attainment area.”
To apply for an extension, submit the following information:
1. The producer’s name, address, and telephone number
2. The registered Farm Service Agency (FSA) farm names of the farms for which the extension
3. The legal description of the fields or an accurate scale farm map of the fields for
which the extension is requested
4. A detailed description of the qualifying weather events supporting the extension
request, including the dates of the events. (Examples: Arizona Meteorological Network
precipitation data, National Weather Service data or similar)
5. The number of days requested as an extension of the tillage deadline
6. The estimated date of completion.
The extension request must be postmarked a minimum of one business day prior to the tillage
deadline to be considered. Incomplete extension requests will be returned with a written
explanation of the deficiencies. Corrected extension requests must still be submitted a
minimum of one business day prior to the tillage deadline.
Todd Rovey, Interim Director
Arizona Cotton Research and Protection Council
3721 E. Wier Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85040
In addition to mailing an application, which must still be postmarked a minimum of one
business day prior to the tillage deadline, cotton producers may fax extension applications
to (602) 438-0407.
The Council Staff Director will issue a written notice granting or denying the extension
request within ten business days of receipt of a complete request.