Company Name: Arizona Cotton Research and Protection Council
Location: 3721 E Wier Ave, Phoenix, AZ
Company Description: The Arizona Cotton Research and Protection Council (ACRPC) is a state agency
through which Arizona cotton growers provide funding for research and applied technology to address industry needs relating to pest control and crop production. Additionally, the ACRPC has authority to manufacture and sell Aspergillus flavus AF36, a biological control that manages aflatoxin contamination in crops through the use of a native strain of the fungus that naturally does not produce aflatoxins. This product is currently used in a number of states and crops in the west and southwestern US.
Job Title and Description: The role of the AF36 Marketing and Sales Associate is to establish retail distribution, accelerate the adoption rate and enhance sales of AF36 from the Arizona Cotton Research and Protection Council. This position will promote AF36 to agricultural distributors, retail locations, salespeople/PCAs, and growers.
Job responsibilities also include management of marketing campaigns, improving marketing functions
surrounding the campaign, determine new markets and how well products are satisfying current markets, seeking customers in new areas, maintaining relationships with current customers, meeting with farmers, consumers, agribusiness leaders, and media members.
The AF36 Marketing and Sales Associate also performs other tasks to support the ACRPC staff, including,
but not limited to coordinating exhibition and attendance at trade shows, designing and producing
presentations, translating research data into usable sales information and conducting customer
Frequent sales calls to develop relationships and learn customer needs and offer correct solutions.
Provide sound recommendations from knowledge of specific crops, cropping practices, and mitigation of aflatoxin in these crops.
Collaborate with other members of ACRPC to generate leads and provide better service to growers.
Create and assist in implementation of new products, new processes, and new programs intended to mutually benefit the vendor, as well as ACRPC.
Maintain records of sales contacts and submit reports on a regular basis.
- A minimum 5-10 years of experience in ag sales is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy or an Ag-related field is preferred
- Certified Professional Agronomist is preferred
- Certified Crop Advisor is preferred
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States
- Must have a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and be able to travel out of state.
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Strong ability to represent AF36 and the Arizona Cotton Research & Protection Council to both ag retailers and growers.
- A high degree of leadership ability including building relationships, creating direction, and execution.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a strong ability to influence and support the needs of the AF36 Program.
- Self-motivated, self-starter. Active listener.
- Flexible and adaptable team player with demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate, collaborate and engage members of the team.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communications skills.
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
Salary and Compensation
- Analyze market opportunity by geography.
- Develop and implement a marketing strategy for AF36 which aims at actively increasing market share and improving financial performance.
- Develop relationships with key Agriculture Retailers to create distribution opportunity for AF36
- Continuously analyze markets and identify marketing related risks and opportunities.
- Create and evangelize the value of AF 36 to our retailers and growers – this includes: sales meetings, technical meetings, key field day participation, and visibility at key trade shows.
- Collaborate with key Arizona Cotton Research and Protection Council team members, to build cost and sales stability in the market.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Negotiable with experience
Benefits: Retirement, sick leave, annual leave, medical and dental insurance.
The Arizona Cotton Research and Protection Council is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in this position, you can contact us via email or phone at 602-438-0059.
Download a PDF of this job listing.